If you are an orchid lover, we can bet that you are known among friends and family for loving strange-looking plants with rare and exotic appearances. The anthurium houseplant is a prime example. The beautiful and bright red, pink, purple, or white waxy flowers that these plants are known for are not even flowers, but leaves!
Houseplant Anthurium: Detailed Care Guide
Are you planning to buy an anthurium plant online, but cannot decide if you are prepared for the challenge? Do not worry, as this plant is very easy to care for and resistant to adverse weather conditions. Wondering how to care for your anthurium indoor plant? Here is a guide to help you.To provide proper care to your anthurium rare plants, follow these steps:
- Anthuriums are epiphytes. These plants can grow well on humus-rich soil, as well as on the barks of other trees, or around dead plant matter. These plants are very hardy and can endure difficult weather conditions. All you need to do is report the plants with peat moss or coco-air-based soil mix.
- Provide your anthurium plant indoors with plenty of bright and indirect sunlight for proper growth and blooming.
- Water your anthurium house plant when the soil becomes significantly dry to the touch. Do not overwater, as these plants are prone to root rot.
- When you receive your online anthurium plant, provide them with soil that drains easily to avoid root rot.
- When your plants begin to grow, repot them in a bigger pot. Big anthurium plants require plenty of space, as entangled and crowded roots prevent growth.
When flowers fade, cut at the base of the flower stem, closest to its base to remove them. Whether you get a mini anthurium plant or a large anthurium plant, taking proper care is essential. To get the healthiest anthuriums, get your plants from us at Orchid Tree.