Ionopsis sp. - | BS Without flowers
Ionopsis sp. - | BS
Flower Colour: Lavender
Flower Size: 1-2cm
Conditions: Intermediate to warm
Plant Size: Matured | Please refer to plant picture for size reference.
Pot Size: 8cm Vanda Pot
Potting Media: Coconut Husk
Oncidium Care Guide
Oncidium Care Guide
The Oncidium family is very large and includes many flower varieties. Most of them flowers in Spring and Fall.
Please be careful with the watering as the Sphagnum moss medium retains too much moisture. The medium could take up to a week to dry. Other medium like Pine bark dries within 1 or 2 days. Medium may dry faster or slower depending on the weather conditions. So always touch and feel the medium, only when partially dry water the plant. Learn more about watering here
Weekly once with Bio-20 or Basfoliar 19:19:19 for growth and rooting. Once a month with Basfoliar 13-40-13. Learn more about fertilizing here
- Type: Species
- Fragrance: No
- Flower Size: 1-2cm
- Flower Colour: Lavender
- Conditions: Intermediate to warm
- Plant Size: Medium
- Pot Size: 8cm Vanda Pot
- Potting Media: Coconut Husk
- Available: Without spike or buds or flowers
- Growing Tips: Click here for Vanda Care Guide
- Batch code:
Short Description: Ionopsis also called as the “twig epiphytes” It was named after two Greek words, ion (violet) and opsis (appearance) in reference to the colour of the flowers. The small, dainty flowers are white with violet or a pale lavender-pink with violet stripes and are produced in large numbers so that a well grown plant is a feast for the eye.
These orchids are all epiphytic.They do not like any potting medium. Vanda orchid must not be allowed to dry out entirely. Watering of this vandaceous species must be done with care to prevent water from remaining in the crowns ( top leafs), a condition that can cause crown rot. Watering should be regular,everyday, allow the roots to dry a bit between watering.
Please refer plant pictures for size reference.
Note: Colors, patterns & size of the flowers can vary due to the variations produced by hybrids or species. There are chances that the buds/flowers could dry up in transit during Shipping after packing. The local climatic conditions and the nutrition given can affect the brightness & colour intensity of flowers. While we make every effort to match the actual colours of the flowers, the photographs may not be the exact representation, due to different monitor setting.
1. Colors, patterns & size of the flowers can vary due to the variations produced by hybrids or species.
2. There are chances that the buds/flowers could dry up in transit during Shipping after packing.
3. The local climatic conditions, season and the nutrition given can affect the brightness & colour intensity of flowers.
4. While we make every effort to match the actual colours of the flowers, the photographs may not be the exact representation, due to different monitor settings.